- Who We Are
Office Building Mechanical Upgrades & LEED Documentation
GP services: MEP Engineering, Construction & LEED Documentation
- Design-Build project involving MEP upgrades to a five-story, 500,000 sq. ft. office building totaling $12 million
- Improvements included a 3,000 ton water cooled chiller plant, boiler plant, and 16 new 40,000 cfm air handling units on the upper four floors
- The project also consists of removal and reinstallation of existing building exterior skin to facilitate unit installation, structural improvements to support unit installation, new electrical bus-duct installation to power HVAC units and connection to existing air distribution system. Gordon Prill's services included all design and construction associated with the unit installation.
- Originally completed in 1983 (designed by Leo Daly) as an innovative building with passive solar daylighting, we optimized the concept by providing an automatic daylighting control system at the top of the large central atrium (or " literium ") for employee comfort, additional functionality and energy savings resulting from lower cooling requirements.
- Provided LEED documentation for Gold CI certification - Water Efficiency credits were identified via the new restroom design solutions and using low or no flow equipment. Energy and Atmosphere credits account for the majority of the new work with the high efficiency HVAC systems, control interface, and lighting system/controls selected for the building. Material and Resources were obtained utilizing green material selections and handling/minimizing of waste in the construction process. Indoor Environmental Quality was obtained by the efficient HVAC system design, material selections, and construction methods. Four Innovative credits were submitted for the project which included design innovation for water efficiency, green building cleaning, green education, and an employee bike program.