Gordon Prill designed and constructed a health and safety support / chemical storage facility for Roche Bioscience and assisted in getting it LEED NC Certified (v2.1). The green strategies we utilized included minimal site impact, selection of materials and minimization of energy demands resulting in an environmentally responsible and a healthy and prosperous environment.
Innovative design solutions included:
- Warping the building floor in two planes to eliminate exterior site changes
- Cool roof, landscape shading, low U value assemblies and high light reflective value colors to eliminate the requirement for heating and cooling
- 93% recycled content No VOC paint or adhesives selection
- 90% waste diversion during construction
- Balancing impact resistant materials with lightweight building systems to reduce structural requirements while meeting seismic codes
- 60% certified wood usage